RETURN!

Hi Everyone!!!
Looks like I'm going to try to make my return tomorrow. I came down with a sore throat a little over a week ago which progressed into losing my voice and my energy. I did make it to Hip Hop on Tuesday night and then felt HORRIBLE on Wednesday. I've been trying to rest as much as possible so I could get back. Feeling a bit better today. Today was a very emotional day for me and really all I wanted to do was work out. That's usually a really good release for me. Since I've had a lot of emotions building up within the last week and no way to release them, today it all emerged from my eyes. Boo! So I think it's time to get back! But I wanted to check in and say hello to you all and post this recipe I made tonight. It's another one of my mom's and one of my absolute favorites. I am a die hard bbq fan and this is a pretty good one! :) I didn't take any pictures this time but feel free to test it out and let me  know what you think!

Crockpot BBQ Sandwiches
3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 (6 ounce) cans Tomato Paste
1 C. packed Brown Sugar (I use light)
1/2 C. Cider Vinegar
2 tsp. Chili Powder
4 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Dry Mustard
4 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce

Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir with wire whisk until meat is shredded. You can serve it on hamburger buns or sometimes (like today) I use sandwich flats!
The calorie facts can vary depending on what kind of bread you use (buns vs. sandwich thins) and how much  you put on there, but I put that it made 8 servings and used regular buns and it came out to 288 calories. Not bad! :) 

It's really delicious and it makes your house smell amazing! Sometimes I make it at night and I wake up to the amazing aroma. ;-) 

The only downside to this is that the vinegar and salt can leave it a little high in sodium so make sure you drink lots of water!

Tomorrow I should be back into full swing with another leg workout. Hope you are all having a great weekend. 

Oh--- GO RAMS! They did a great job today- so proud of them. :) 

~Jessica~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Foodie PenPals

The word I hate the most

Your Input