Linguine Alfredo.... and I'm coming back :)

First and foremost I will post this recipe I made tonight. It will be my lunch at work this week. I haven't made it in a long time and I am quite excited to eat it! 

LINGUINE ALFREDO
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
1 C. Fat-Free Milk
1/4 C. Fat-Free Cream Cheese
1/4 C. Grated Asiago or Parmesan Cheese
1 C. Broccoli Florets
1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Carrot, thinly sliced
4 C. Hot cooked Linguine

1. In a medium nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Saute the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour, then gradually whisk in the milk; cook, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cream cheese and Asiago; cook, stirring until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm. 

2. Meanwhile, place the broccoli, bell pepper and carrot in a steamer basket; set in a saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water. Cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. 

3. In a large bowl, combine the pasta and steamed vegetables. Add the cheese sauce, toss to coat thoroughly  Serve at once. 

312 Calories per serving. :) 

Note: I used whole wheat linguine. Also I had crushed garlic on hand so I just used that. Also I had italian cheese on hand so I just used that. I thought I had broccoli in my freezer but apparently I was wrong so I didn't use that at all! It turned out pretty yummy though. :) 

Source: Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook


Alright, so I realized a month ago I said i'd blog every day and then I got sick. And then my bodybugg broke. And then I got sick again. And then life got very crazy busy. I am going to "Start over" tomorrow and I will do my best. Just don't get mad if I don't have the chance to blog every day- my life is pretty busy right now! :) But I'll try my best. And I will probably be posting more recipes since most of the workouts have been laid out already. Happy Sunday yall! :) 

~Jessica~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Foodie PenPals

September Foodie Pen Pals

Stuck and Apathetic