Day 8: Legs

Today was a better day. I didn't set my alarm with the intention of sleeping in. I had plans with a friend at 1 and really hoped I'd wake up in time to get a workout in before that. Flash to me waking up on my own at 8:45. So almost 9 hours- I guess that's decent. :) I hung out around the house for about an hour and then started getting ready to hit the gym. When I woke up I noticed that my arms were pretty sore from yesterday's workout and that made me so happy! :) 

CARDIO
Treadmill. 35 minutes. I started to do the interval, but a bunch of times I'd either up the speed or just keep running longer than the original minute. It also depended on the song playing at the time. :) 

STRENGTH
Leg Curl
Pretty self explanatory based on the picture. I did 15 reps with the weight set at 79 pounds (#4). 















Leg Extension
Same as above- 15 reps but 66 pounds (still #4). 

















Do 3 sets of those. :) 

Hip Adductor
15 reps at 100 pounds

Hip Abductor
15 reps at 100 pounds

3 sets of both of these. :) 
Leg Press
15 reps at 50 pounds. Make sure when you bend your knees they don't go over your toes. :) 
3 sets. 

After that I went over to the mat
Scissors
20 reps

When doing this one, make sure you keep the bottom foot just a few inches off the ground. As your other leg goes straight up, hold for 2 and then switch. 


Bicycles
30 seconds going forward
30 seconds going backward
Sit in a V, hands behind you for stability and your legs rotate like they are pedaling. 30 seconds forward and 30 seconds back equal one set.
Do 3 sets of both of these. 
DONE!

I felt great after my workout. 

FOOD
This morning I had 1 cup of peanut butter cherrios and 1/2 cup of skim milk for breakfast

As I walked in the gym they were giving out samples of the graham cracker muscle milk. DELICIOUS! I may be trying that one next. :) 

Snack
After my workout I had a piece of wheat bread with 1 tbsp of peanut butter on it. It is so important to consume protein within 30 minutes of a strength workout!

Lunch
We finally went to lunch around 2:30. I ordered a wrap that was on a spinach tortilla. Inside was avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, red onions, olives, swiss cheese and hummus. It came with a side of fruit (grapes, apples, strawberries, pineapple, and oranges). It also came with a salad. I could only eat half of the wrap, but it was delicious! 

Dinner
I had the other half of my wrap. mmmm!

Myapex.com is down tonight so I can't log my calories and give you a report there, but I'll update once it's back up. :) 

I'll be cooking tomorrow and posting the recipe(s) so that will be good. Happy Saturday! :) 

~Jessica~









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September Foodie Pen Pals

May Foodie PenPals

March Foodie Pen-Pals