Peach Muffins and Legs

Hey Everyone!
So I know I said I'd be back yesterday. Things the last couple of days have been kinda weird. I did make it to the gym yesterday for a leg workout and I'll post that in this entry but my eating was kinda weird (cereal for breakfast, didn't have lunch until after 1 and dinner was pretty non existent... followed by the headache of death and feeling nauseous and getting the chills). Luckily today I am feeling better both from that and the sickness I had all last week so I should be back FULL TIME tomorrow! At any rate, here is the leg work out!

Started out with cardio on the treadmill. I walked quite a bit of it. With being out of commission for the last week and a half I didn't want to push it and make myself worse. In addition, I had outside sources messing with me and rather than just focusing on myself I found myself trying to go faster than I usually do because I felt like I needed to prove something. So that was dumb. I'm hoping I don't fall into that trap next Saturday when I run my race! 

1. Single leg press
For the first set I had the machine set to 50 pounds. For the second and third I had it on 60 pounds. Each leg does 15 reps. 
2. Calf Extension
Gotta say I used to really hate this one. Didn't seem to be too bad this time. Maybe I need to up the weight. :) When I do calf extensions, I do it 3 ways.  First is with feet parallel. Next is with feet turned out (like first position in ballet) and then with feet turned in. I do 15 reps of each with the machine set on 60 pounds. I do 3 sets.
 Here is a video about calf extensions. 

3. Plank. We've done these before so I'm not going to offer too much of an explanation. You can refer to previous blog posts for it if you need help. :) 3 sets of 1 minute plank. 

4. Side Plank. Same as above but 30 seconds on each side. 3 sets. 

5. Burpees. We all know how I feel about burpees. Luckily the ones on this workout don't include the bosu. :) However, I could only complete one set of 12 for I then started to feel light headed. Let's not pass out at the gym shall we??? ;-) 

I had some other things to do but  the machines were being used and I didn't feel like waiting so I improvised. :) 

6. Abductor. Set on 100 pounds. 15 reps. 
7. Adductor Set on 100 pounds. 15 reps. 3 sets. 
Now I know what you are thinking. "Hey, Jessica- you only did one set of Abductor and 3 of Adductor. What is up with that?" Well I really intended on doing one on Abductor, one on Adductor and just switching back and forth, but when I got to the adductor a big scary man came over and asked if I was using the abductor.... And since I'm a giant pushover I said "oh no. you go right ahead and use it." Great choices. Do as I say, not as I do. 
I may think I'm a badass, but when it comes down to it..... I'm not. :) 

After all that was finished we decided to go sit in the sauna and the steam room. Now whoever decided that these were a great idea.... clearly were crazy. Here's something you may not know about me. I HATE TO SWEAT. Guess what happens in both of those places? You sweat. Copious amounts. Sick. But when it comes to that, you must remember.....

Hey! I also have a recipe for you today! :) Last weekend I went to the peach festival. Upon going I realized I'd never even bought a peach in my life. I ended up buying a small bag of them, had some of them with my lunches last week but still had a bunch leftover so I found this recipe for peach muffins. 

Ingredients


(this picture is a little wrong, but mostly right haha)
1 egg
1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
3/4 C. Skim Milk
2 C. Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 C. Sugar
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 C. Chopped Peaches (about 3 peaches)
1/2 C. Brown Sugar (Optional)

Heat Oven to 400 F. Use muffin cups or grease bottomos of muffin pans. Beat egg. Stir in oil, milk and fruit. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once, just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. 
mmmmm MUFFINS!
I ended up not using the brown sugar. The muffins seemed slightly bland and I'm sure the brown sugar would help that. Next time I make these I may try that. It made 14 muffins. Each muffin comes out to 164 calories. With light brown sugar, that would increase it to 183, so really not a huge difference. 

Happy baking! :) I will be back full time tomorrow. Until then.....
~Jessica~




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Foodie PenPals

September Foodie Pen Pals

Stuck and Apathetic