Jessica Intro


Hello Everyone! 
Here's a little bit about me and my fitness history. Growing up I was always a pretty skinny kid, so I never worried about what I ate. I also never worked out. In my college years, my weight went way up and I struggled with it but didn't really know how to change it. I tried fad diets and weight loss programs and failed. Whenever I failed, I would just throw in the towel completely and revert to my old ways. When I was a child my dad did triathlons. It wasn't until I heard that a co-worker was doing one that I thought "oh, I'd like to do that one day" but there was a problem: I hated (and couldn't) run, I wasn't real fond of biking and swimming wasn't super easy. Great idea huh??? The more I researched how to train for a triathlon, the more I realized I couldn't do it all outside. Being that it was winter in Colorado, pools generally are closed. I did my homework and researched the local gyms. 
November 29, 2010 I walked into 24 Hour Fitness and joined. When I was there they talked me into purchasing their introductory personal training package. I figured "why not?" and didn't think I'd train beyond those 3 sessions. 8 months later my personal trainer moved and I wasn't ready for her to! It's been quite the journey since then (about 35 pounds ago). For the last 2 years (almost), I have had countless people ask me how I lost so much weight and the answer is simple: I move more and eat less. So many people have asked me for recipes and workouts so I came up with the idea to do a 30 day blog recounting all my meals and workouts. I am excited to get started and share with the world. I am also excited to show that I am not perfect. :) My dear friend Kristen will be joining me on this journey and I am sure I will learn from her as well. Stay tuned!
-Jessica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Foodie PenPals

The word I hate the most

Your Input