Day 5: A TRUE Day of Rest

I classified Tuesday as a day of rest but still got some cardio in. Last night my throat started hurting. When I woke up it was worse. My energy is at an all time low today. I debated all day long what I wanted to do and when it came down to it, I decided a day off (completely) is probably what i needed. As much as I hate to say that. When you get sick there is a fine line if working out is okay or not. Sometimes sweating out the germs helps, sometimes it makes things exponentially worse. So I decided to just go home and relax. So here's how the eating went today. 

Breakfast: Protein Shake. 294 calories

I'm thinking I may need to add a snack before lunch. Today I was super starving  before it was lunch time. A little shaky as well. I'll have to figure that out. 

Lunch: Ham and Swiss sandwich, Yoplait very vanilla fat free yogurt, mandarin oranges pack and a banana. 515 Calories. 

From there, I had plans to go to the store and pick up ingredients for Chicken Noodle Soup. But as I left work I realized I was starving and didn't want to wait that long. I had to stop at the library anyway, which was right next to a Panera so I went there, though I shouldn't have. I was feeling awfully shaky, so here's what I got. 

Dinner: Chicken Noodle Soup in a Bread Bowl. What can I say? I'm a sucker for carbs. I figured that would at least give me a little more energy, but no such luck. The girl asked what I wanted for my side (baguette, chips or apple) and I said apple, but like happens every time I go there, they gave me a baguette. I'm too shy to say anything. and managed to eat that as well. Not one of my prouder moments. 
This meal came in at 911. Honestly it would have been okay without that bread bowl. I never thought those things could have that much- I may never eat them again. Holy wow! 

Results
Calories Consumed: 1719 (Goal 1600) so clearly I went over because of that ridiculous impulsive decision I had. 

Calories Burned: 2016 (Goal 2350) Definitely not a good day. But like I said, my energy was at an all time low. :(
Surplus of 32

I just want to take this time out to say that we are ALL going to have bad days. Am I sad about how today went? A little. Am I mad? Not really. I haven't been feeling well and I know that if it weren't for that, I would have made it to the gym and done my strength training and then gone to aqua boot camp. But the important thing when you have bad days is to learn from it (I've learned those flipping bread bowls are toxic!) and that tomorrow is a new day and you can make better choices then. Starting with my better choice is to get lots of sleep tonight.  And now you can all see that I truly am not perfect. :) Hang in there friends, it's almost Friday! :) 

~Jessica~


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September Foodie Pen Pals

May Foodie PenPals

March Foodie Pen-Pals