September Foodie Pen Pals

Check out all these delicious treats!
Let's take a break from all the depression talk and let's talk food!

I haven't done Foodie Pen Pals in quite some time and I thought this could be a good opportunity during this season in my life to have some food while my energy is low.

This month I was matched up with Jen over at The Happy Healthy Balance and boy, did she spoil me!

Most of the things she sent me were from Trader Joe's which made me laugh. The closest Trader Joe's is 36 miles away. Sad face. But my family has had an obsession with that store for years. My brother first introduced it to us when he lived in St Louis (I think) and since then we always get TJ food for Christmas, birthdays, what have you. Good thing they have them in LA. Come on Fort Collins, catch up!

If anyone asked me I would say I am not a picky eater. As it turns out, when other people pick out my food, my pickiness tends to come out. A lot of the stuff Jen sent me is not stuff I would ever pick out for myself.







Example number 1. I would definitely never pick this out. I tried it and am not a huge fan. I did read on the package that it would be good in yogurt and I think that's probably how I'll try it next time. Or maybe on a salad. I just wasn't a fan of it by itself.













It's probably surprising but I've actually never tried Justin's. I also never mentioned to Jen in our e-mail exchange that I have a ridiculous obsession with peanut butter. I've been getting bored with my breakfasts (usually I have either a protein shake or oatmeal. I was running late one morning and didn't have time to make anything. I happened to have some bagel things in my freezer so I warmed one up and put the almond butter on it. DELICIOUS. Why have I never had this before?!












While we're on the subject of bored with breakfast, I put this in a bowl with milk and it was also delicious! It was a little on the crunchy side and I'm thinking it would be really good in yogurt as well. Yum yum!










In my world there is one thing that's better than peanut butter..... Chocolate and peanut butter! Again, I never mentioned this to Jen and she still sent this! On the I'm picky without being picky, I've never been a big fan of any kind of jelly other than grape. (Seriously, how weird is that?) So I wouldn't ordinarily pick this, but I tried it and holy wow it was delicious. Maybe it's best that we don't have Trader Joe's closer because I'd probably buy these ALL THE TIME.

Another thing that I wouldn't pick, but it was also delicious! I even shared it with a child and HE liked it too. So if you have kids, this would be a good fruit choice for them! Next time I get food from Trader Joe's I might have to stock up on these. They would be great to keep in my gym bag of even my work bag as a quick snack.








In our e-mailing we discussed how she loves dark chocolate and I just can't seem to get on the dark chocolate bandwagon. So she sent me this. Man.... if all dark chocolate was as delicious as this, I'd definitely be a fan!





This is popcorn kernels and indian seasoning. I actually haven't tried this yet, but it's sitting on my counter waiting for me to make it on my next movie night. I'm very excited to try it!








She also sent me the sweetest card! It definitely brightened my day and this package of food was so helpful while I have low energy. Now we just need to work on getting a Trader Joe's in Fort Collins!

Comments

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! I definitely had fun putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to hear how the popcorn goes over! very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The word I hate the most

May Foodie PenPals

Your Input