March Foodie Pen-Pals




This was my first time ever doing Foodie PenPals. When I heard about it I thought it sounded like a GREAT idea. It surpassed everything I ever imagined!

I received a box from Adrianne. It was also her first time doing FPP. I was super excited to receive her box! :) I'd had a really bad day, so arriving home to my box was such a mood lifter.


You can see in my face it had been a rough day :)








Adrianne had put together a beautiful St Patrick's Day box for me. Do you see all that green??



















CONTENTS OF THE BOX




Look at all that!!!

I was AMAZED at all the things she fit in that box. So many great things that excited me SO MUCH. :) 








The first was Azteca Granola made by Adrianne. It was delicious! The mixture of sweet, salty and spicy was wonderful. I will be making this in the future. It would be great as a present for friends or something to bring to a potluck (I'm thinking Super Bowl). So good! I took it to work with me so I could have it as a snack rather than turning to cookies. :) 












Next came these lovely little ones! I haven't eaten them yet because I am saving them to use in a recipe for protein balls. I have a couple more ingredients to grab before that can start. I've never seen them before, but since receiving them have noticed that my local grocery store carries them. Score! :) 






Next was the askinosie! I have a chocolate obsession. And these were delicious!!! Perfect size for when you're craving just a little bit of dark chocolate. :) Yummmm!


Okay, obviously this is primarily a health and fitness blog, which means there shouldn't be time/room for this but it's confession time: I have a HUGE sweet tooth. Even bigger is my peanut butter/chocolate tooth. Adrianne sent me a package of cookies. The one shown was peanut butter and chocolate and was DELICIOUS. I ate it on a snowy day and I thought I was going to die it was so good. Probably good that I couldn't find them at my Whole Foods. :) Underneath was a pink cookie with raspberry (I think) filling. That's not something I would typically pick but it was also quite delicious! 






I had mentioned to Adrianne that I'm somewhat OCD about low-cal stuff, but I loved chocolate. So she sent these! I am saving them away for a day that I'm craving chocolate but am low on calories left for the day. I am quite excited for that day- chances are it will be here sooner than we know. I only hope once I try it, I am able to find this in Colorado! :) 






The funny thing about receiving this spice was that just before I had received my box, I had run out of Cumin and it was on my shopping list. Adrianne didn't know that, but it was like she read my mind! Hooray!


I rarely have fish (not because I don't like it- I just forget about it) and since I'm getting a little tired of eating the same thing over and over again, this is DEFINITELY going to come in handy when I start making new things!






Remember how I said I love peanut butter and chocolate??? Adrianne sent me 2 buckeyes (chocolate goodness filled with peanut butter). And I saved them and saved them and finally ate one after I shot my success video and let me tell you: SO GOOD! And definitely worth the wait. If you love peanut butter and chocolate as much as I do, I definitely recommend eating them. SO GOOD! Now I'm sad that they are all gone. Probably for the better though, haha






I have an obsession with sharing recipes and these recipe note cards are awesome! I actually used them for the FPP box that I sent! I will definitely be using these for potlucks, presents, secret santa, etc. 




Adrianne had this book in her home library and has never used it, so she gave it to me! So nice, right?! There are TONS of great recipes in there that I am excited to try. I did use it already to make salsa for a couple guys. I'm still waiting to hear what they thought of it. I was too afraid to try it- but I can still smell it in my kitchen. :) 


You'll also see some NOLA St. Patrick's Day Parade 2012 beads! I wore them to work on St. Patrick's Day and am very excited to have them in my possession. 







You were starting to forget that I'm a health and fitness nut weren't you?! She also included some healthy recipes which I am super excited to test out. :) 

















               Penzey's catalog I'd mentioned above. Apparently there's a Penzey's in Colorado! Who knew???



I'd say Adrianne overdid herself, what do you think??? What a fantastic experience for my first FPP! I will definitely be doing this again! And congratulations to whomever is paired up with Adrianne next month- she's the greatest! :) 


In my original e-mail I had told Adrianne that I LOVE mexican food and she did NOT disappoint. I've never heard of this company, but she supplied me with the spices for my favorite kind of food as well as a catalog, so I 
know where to go to purchase more! Awesome. I am excited to use this one.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the box! It was a joy putting it together for you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And definitely link up on the Reveal Day post: http://www.theleangreenbean.com/march-foodie-penpals-reveal-day/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The word I hate the most

May Foodie PenPals

Your Input