Sexy Joes

I don't know about you guys but I loooove sloppy joes. I did as a child, and as funny as it is I never think to make them.... until they're served at work and then it takes all my willpower to not eat them. A while back I bought this cookbook ( The Biggest Loser Cookbook) which I absolutely LOVE and recommend it to everyone! It has a very healthy version in it. And it's quite delicious as well, so here we go! :)
SEXY JOES
1 lb. extra-lean ground chicken (I actually use 99% fat free ground turkey. Ground chicken is very hard to find, though you can ask any butcher to grind chicken breasts for you. I'm just shy and anti social haha)
1 Tbsp. White Vinegar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (I used regular Tabasco)
2/3 C. chopped yellow onion
1/3 C. chopped green bell pepper
3/4 C. low-sodium tomato sauce
3/4 C. Chili Sauce
1/4 tsp. chili powder
4 whole-grain or whole-wheat hamburger buns (I actually use sandwich things- fewer calories!)

Mist a medium nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and set it over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, breaking into large chunks, for 4-6 minutes, or until no longer pink.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, Worcestershire, honey, and hot-pepper sauce. Whisk to blend. Set aside.

Drain off any liquid that has accumulated in the pan. Add the onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce, chili sauce, chili powder, and the reserved vinegar mixture to the pan. Stir to blend. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat so mixture simmers. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the mixture is thickened.

Spoon the mixture equally onto the opened buns. Serve immediately.

4 servings

Per Serving: 331 calories, 31 g protein, 43 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat (less than 1g saturated), 66 mg cholesterol, 5g fiber, 876 mg sodium

Last Thursday I worked out for 2.5 hours. It was pretty intense. 1 hour of aqua boot camp, 30 minutes on the bike, 1 hour of hip hop. I burned about 900 calories in that time with a total of 2600 for the day. NUTS!!!! But it was kinda fun, til I got delirious at the end lol.

I was at my parents house over the weekend and I happened to see a picture of me from 2009. That was about 35-40 pounds ago. And my reaction was to ask my mom if we could burn the picture. She said I should like to look at it to see how far I've come. I disagreed though. I hate looking at it because it makes me sad that things even got to that point. My mom says it's the angle, but I even see the difference in my face and arms. I'm going to post it just to show you guys....
May 2009
October 2012
I suppose that's all for tonight. Best of luck to y'all! Hug your loved ones. <3 JW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September Foodie Pen Pals

May Foodie PenPals

March Foodie Pen-Pals